Friday, May 27, 2011

Ms. Field's, not the cookie lady

Let me take a moment to talk about Patricia Field. I hope to dear baby Jesus that you know who she is. If you don't, slap yourself. She is the genius behind all of the costuming for Sex and the City, The Devil Wears Prada, Ugly Betty, and several others. She has an amazing store in NYC (shocking) and travels all over styling her clients. My husband just brought the biggest Greek pop singer to town for a concert, she is basically Cher/Madonna/Kylie all rolled into one. Pat is a friend of hers, like forever friends and so she came to the show.

Yes. Patricia Field was in Atlanta. I talked to her. I danced with her. She slapped my ass. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with her, but my super smart and stylish friend Chris did. Notice the one earring--neon green feather, very current.




I guess I sort of got a picture because we were on stage together, with Anna (in the red) who was wearing my hat made by A Modern Day Flapper which you can get here at her Etsy Shop, which I totally bought to step up my outfit because I knew Patricia was coming--there is no shame in that my yummies.

After meeting her I had to seek out all the information I could about her. She's 1/2 Greek and 1/2 Armenian and grew up in Astoria. She's insanely brilliant, obviously too cool for school, and ridiculously nice. Like I said, store in NYC or ONLINE! Here are some of the things I heart from her online situation.

Who doesn't love a sequin?



All my client's want this phone. Mark won't let them have it.



Patricia Field for Keith Haring



What?




Who hasn't watched Breakfast at Tiffany's and said they wanted that eye mask?


That's right. Patricia rocks and I really hope to see her again, I have a new goal of getting her take on interior design...yes it's a long term goal.



No comments: