Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Adventures in Floral Arranging...novice

I am having a floral moment. I have had 4 photo shoots in the past month since I have been back from Greece and it got my thinking about my flower arranging. I feel like I do a pretty ok job, but always, no matter what I do, the lovely Sarah Dorio makes them look incredible. I think I want to take a flower arranging class, if any one in the Atlanta area has done so and really enjoyed it please let me know! Otherwise I'll stick to crossing my fingers and hoping it looks ok from an amateur level. Either way, Sarah's love for "details!" makes me love the floral shots she takes and let's face it, who doesn't like to look at pretty flowers?






9 comments:

TSL said...

These are refreshing especially coming at a time when most colors are seeing the end of their season!

Blayne Macauley said...

I love the tulips!! beautiful!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

simple
beautiful
A friday's favorite for sure :-)

Niki P. said...

Thanks so much ladies! Isn't it kind of amazing how some pretty flowers and totally make your day 1,000 times better?

flower delivery philippines said...

Lovely flowers! I love them all. Wish I add them all in my garden. Anyway, I agree with you there, arranging flowers are really adventurous. I enjoyed reading you post. Keep posting.

-yumi-

CECELIA said...

i just started working in floral design! EVERYONE gives me the strangest looks when i tell them...because "you're not using your interior design degree" but in my mind it's definitely a necessity in the field :)

Niki P. said...

I think it's a necessity too, I know it has come in handy for me both professionally and personally. I think I want to take a class and get some real instruction rather then throwing it in a vase and hoping it works!

CECELIA said...

you've got to learn the leaf wrap...it's totally key! :)

philippines flower shop said...

Oh! I love those beautiful flowers so colorful. I also try to collect flowers and put it in a cute vase. I enjoyed reading your article. It makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing.

toni