Monday, March 15, 2010

SieMatic makes my heart flutter

A few weeks back Mark and I went to the SieMatic showroom in Atlanta for a little lunch and learn. It was then that I developed a drooling obsession with their BeauxArts kitchen. It's beautiful and the cabinet front detail drives me bananas! Here is what SieMatic has to say about it...

"Never before, a new kitchen had such a history. It tells the story of the “American dream”. At the end of the 19th century, a new generation of successful entrepreneurs dreamt of an architectural style that expressed their prosperity. Their wishes were fulfilled by young American architects who studied at the École des Beaux Arts in Paris. They introduced a new style in architecture and interior design named after the famous art academy. Actually, Beaux-Arts was not a new style. It was a composition of styles resulting from various cultures – just like America itself. And like the kitchens of the new collection, SieMatic BeauxArts, were created in collaboration with the highly respected kitchen designer Mick De Giulio.
For successful people today, all over the world."













The kitchen island kills me, I want it so bad. What really wrecks me though are the cabinet faces. That subtle bead detail that boarders the face drives me insane in a good way. I want this kitchen.

1 comment:

Terry said...

So sleek but it doesn't shout modern, to me anyway.