Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flipping Out

I just went to Flip Burger Boutique for lunch and about died of happiness. Flip is the brainchild of Chef Richard Blais, he wanted to "modernize the burger," mission accomplished! First of all it's really really pretty. I mean, just look at the pictures, it's beautiful! AI3 produced the design and they just won an ASID award for their work (congratulations!) it really is brilliant. The food is AMAZING! I am not a big burger person, so I was a little nervous, hoping there would be chicken or something and I was so excited when I walked in and looked at the menu! I had the Shrimp Po Boyger and it killed me dead to the ground, it's topped with a fried lemon slice that was just heaven! We finished off by splitting a Nutella and burnt marshmellow milkshake, again, killed me dead to the ground. This gets 2 tasty thumbs up, 1 for the design which is beautiful and amazing and 2 because the food was sooooo good! Yummy Scrumptious all around!



Love the idea of bar height family style seating!


The Booths are Gorgeous!


Can't go wrong with a Brilliant Super Graphic!


Overall, I think it's a great looking space, there is no denying that. The fact that the food is AWESOME just makes it that much better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know me..i loooooove a burger, and theirs is great!!!
If you look a little closer at the large scale graphic, it's of the Dukes of Hazard!
Great space and is simply laid out...just wish there was more lighting in the booths. OH, and I'm a big fan of the Emeco chairs..

Laura said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I must say I'm enjoying it immensely. Each of these photos just made me gasp! Those booths especially...oh what fun I could have in there!

Niki P. said...

Liss-let's go and take the guys one night! Sandy would love that place! and I heart emeco chairs big time.

Niki P. said...

Laura, so glad you like me blog! I have fun with it! If you are in Atlanta or if you ever come here, go to this restaurant and check it out, it's soooo tasty!

Niki P. said...

I also just have to put this out there, I love the way the ceiling responds to what is happening in the furniture. Look at the soffits over the dining tables. I love when designers think about the space three dimensionally. People often neglect the ceiling and it's so important!